'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Sunday, 26 April 2015

Latest paintings available as prints

White Hart by Sue Wookey
I've been a busy bee today and finally updated my website with my new paintings. Prints are now available to buy online for White Hart (above), Moon Dance and Holding the Net of Life.

I've also realised that I haven't posted White Hart here on my blog despite finishing him several weeks ago. Where does the time go?

White Hart is the latest in my series of animal portraits framed by the moon. (See also Lunar Owl, Badger Moonrise, The Listening Hare, Fox and Lunar Eclipse and Moon Horse). A beautiful white Fallow Deer Stag stands poised with the moon behind him. The words I've composed for the border read: 

Hart of the White Fire, silver swift, 
poised between stillness and the leap, 
keeps the secret of the unbroken moment 
and hears the forest breathe. - SW

I've completely fallen in love with him so the original is now living permanently with me as part of my painting family. At least there are the prints!

Holding the Net of Life
Moon Dance

2 comments:

Teresa N said...

Lovely, Sue! Can't decide which one I like best . . .

Harry Parker said...

Wonderful,it's very lovely beautiful.thank you so much for share with us. please check it out BT password