'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

The Art of Poetry


Badger Moonrise
Another exhibition opening tomorrow - 'The Art of Poetry' at Obsidian Art, Stoke Mandeville, Bucks. The 'Art of Poetry' Exhibition runs from 23 April - 31 May and I'll be exhibiting 'The Apple's Heart', 'Badger Moonrise' (above) and 'Sharpenhoe Summer'. I love this annual exhibition because you know how dear the combination of poetry and painting is to my heart! From the Obsidian website:
"An exciting exhibition of selected work inspired by poetry in a wide range of mediums and styles. The exhibition will be accompanied by a book with selected art and poems from the show - available from the gallery and on the web shop.  On Thursday 23rd April from 6.30pm – 9pm, to coincide with World Book Night (and Shakespeare’s birthday), we would be delighted if you could join us to meet some of the exhibiting artists, with readings from the poems that inspired their work.
I'm thrilled to be included in the book for the second year running, this time with my own poem 'The Apple's Heart':

The wassail fades from Wisdom's field,
yet full I grow and branches part
for Avalon and Gawain's shield
and you who know my secret heart. - SW


Follow the links to see a PDF preview of the book!

.

No comments: