'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Thursday, 14 November 2013

Christmas Exhibition at the Eagle Gallery


I've been very busy preparing Christmas Decorations for our Eagle Gallery Christmas Exhibition (see above). We'll have a tree at the exhibition hung with the decorative efforts of all our members and the proceeds of their sale will go to Leukaemia Research. I've been painting papier-mache hearts with an snowy, Christmassy animal theme:



I have to say they've haven't come out too badly considering the fact that I've never painted with acrylic before (watercolour isn't robust enough for this) and, of course, given that they are really miniatures. For a lot of the time it felt like a wrestling match between me and the paint, but I think I won in the end and the second set of three (in the bottom photo) work much better for being simpler. The reverse sides are also painted with snow scenes, animal footprints and spirals. I also painted a lovely Robin but, do you know what? He just worked so well I can't bear to give him away and will be putting him on my own tree as a reminder of how to do it properly.

'Christmas Cracker' Exhibition
25th November - 24th December

The Eagle Gallery
101 Castle Road
Bedford MK40 3QP

3 comments:

Jayne said...

The ornaments look lovely. I hope the Christmas exhibition goes well.

Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve said...

Sue I love the ornaments. And you're acrylic skills come through! I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Teresa N said...

You could share the robin with us anyway, even if you are keeping him . . . !