'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Sunday, 20 October 2013

Kingdom Animalia CD

Kingdom Animalia 


Time to share some exciting news with you all! My painting, Four Elements, with its Celtic stag, salmon, hare and hawk will be used as the cover art of Kingdom Animalia, a recording celebrating the magic of animals by Welsh musician and songwriter, Gwion (Richard Price). I'm thrilled to be part of this project - the subject is very close to my heart - and Gwion has now launched a fundraising  page to help the project along:

The Shapeshifter: Kingdom Animalia
Kingdom Animalia "is a musical celebration of the inherent knowledge, wisdom and magic of the animals who inhabit the Celtic realm. It's a collection of songs from the tradition of the British Isles, plus newly written material which present the splendor of a particular animal."
I'll keep you updated as the project progresses and - of course - when the CD, which will also be available as downloads, is released.

As Richard says - 'here's to the animal kingdom'!
.

2 comments:

keltikdancer said...

Thank you so much for your support Sue. Anyone can help to make this project a reality - KickStarter doesn't actually fund the project, but rather people who believe in it come forward and become first adopters by purchasing the project before it is complete. I won't know until November 25th whether I have made my goal - it's all or nothing :( wish me luck!

~ Richard

Sue W said...

Your welcome, Richard, and I'll be out looking for that 4 leafed clover while in Ireland!

Sue