'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Wednesday, 3 April 2013

A new Sacred Landscape

Sacred Landscape 7 © Sue Wookey

I thought it was about time that did a new painting in my Sacred Landscape series - it's been ages since I did some standing stones and I've had this one sitting in my sketch book for about 6 months!

As with the others, this is an imaginary landscape - I seem to carry them around in my head - with energy spiralling out of the trees at the top and flowing down to the circle of stones in the foreground. This is a little circle with little stones and a running hare brings a bit of life to it, mainly because they seem to be muscling their way in to every landscape I do at the moment. In fact I have another nearly completed local landscape where a furry long-eared critter is emerging from the long grass. Though I strongly suspect that one is actually a rabbit!

Prints of Sacred Landscape 7 are available from my website at Galley Hill Art.

.

No comments: