'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Luton Walled Garden Exhibition

 The annual Luton Walled Garden Exhibition is fast approaching, running from the 22nd - 24 March. Not only do you get to look at some fantastic garden and nature inspired art, but you can check out the progress being made to restore this amazing octagonal kitchen garden.

This year the theme is The Garden and Beyond and I've definitely gone beyond by submitting Badger Moonrise, Grove and The Owl Knows. I wish I had them all in my garden, though the tawny owls mooch about the bridleway behind my house at night! I expect they fly over the walls sometimes to check out the shrubbery. Hopefully at least one of these paintings will be on the walls when the Exhibition opens.

I will be there on the Friday afternoon, probably around 1-4 pm, set up with a table so that I can demonstrate. This involves not only painting, but saying 'aaaaargh' a lot and chucking water at 300gsm paper until it squeaks.

The exhibition is open from 12pm - 7pm on Friday and 11am - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday (when there wll be other artists demonstrating what they do), and this year there will be cards and prints along with the wonderful exhibits put together by local school children. Who could forget the cute elephants made out of milk bottles?

2 comments:

Jayne said...

I hope one of your works gets included. It certainly would be fun to watch you ahrrrring and throwing water about, lol.

Sue W said...

Thanks Jayne! I'm pretty hopeful one at least will be there - it would be wierd demonstrating with no paintings in the exhibition! I'm rooting for Badger Moonrise because badger hasn't been shown anywhere yet.