'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Tuesday, 11 December 2012

The Healing Light

The Healing Light © Sue Wookey

With the days so short it's hard to find enough time to paint - just as I'm getting into it the sun disappears beneath the horizon and that's all that can be done for the day. I have a selection of daylight bulbs but it just isn't the same! Even so, I've been pretty busy and will soon be posting another 'animal and the moon' painting. In the meantime I have another new painting which is all about light - a bright blue orb of Healing Light, guarded by a circle of ancient standing stones. Beyond the circle you can also see the green of the forest with a starry sky above. This is another of those paintings that just came to me in a meditation, and I was struck by the beauty of the scene.

The words around the border are an old Irish Blessing and the wise words of that lover of nature and light, St Francis of Assisi:

May the blessing of Light be on you, Light without and Light within - Irish Blessing
All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle - St Francis of Assisi

The Healing Light is now available as a limited edition giclee print from my website at Galley Hill Art.
.
 

3 comments:

Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve said...

I love everything about this painting. From the swirly magic to the blessing.

Sue W said...

Thanks L-M!

Teresa N said...

Lovely!