'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Monday, 3 September 2012

Artscape Exhibition Open!


Our Open Studios exhibition at Artscape in Harpenden is hung and, though I say so myself, looks fantastic! The space is now bigger and lighter, thanks to the team at Artscape and it was a pleasure to put all our stuff up in it, though it was almost a crime to tamper with its Zen-like whiteness. Teresa Newham is showing a mixture of watercolours, prints and photography, Hilary Taylor has photography and mixed media, Helen Brooks has back with us again this year with her woodcuts and Pauline Ashley is joining us to explain her ceramic and glass restoration work. I have a year's worth of new paintings on the wall, along with some black and white and colour photography as I thought it was about time I framed up some of my favourite shots. Here is a taster of a couple of them:



This is a very varied exhibition so we all hope you will come along and meet us if you are in the area. Full details are here and I hope to be at Artscape on both the Friday and Saturday afternoons to chat to people.

All photos © Sue Wookey

No comments: