'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Saturday, 26 May 2012

Autumn Oak

Autumn Oak
© Sue Wookey
I've been very busy and have yet another new painting, Autumn Oak, which shows one of my favourite trees shedding its leaves at the end of Autumn, while the promise of new life is concealed within in the form of a acorn. The setting sun also circles a glimpse inside the mound where a fox is sleeping, nestled amongst the roots of the tree. I've always loved the way acorns look like little green eggs sitting in their own egg-cups, bursting with life, so the words around the painting read:

Autumn sees the falling of my crown, yet to spring's hope I life a thousand tiny cups to the light and, furled within, the secret of my entire Kingdom - SW 

Autumn Oak can be ordered as a limited edition giclee print from my website at Galley Hill Art.


.

No comments: