'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Exhibition and Craft Fair update

Three Running Hares
© Sue Wookey

It's a new year, and I have quite a few dates coming up where I'll be setting out my craft stall again and also doing some exhibiting. First off  is a Local Artists Exhibition at the Red Dot Gallery, Icknield High School, Luton. This is a wonderful exhibition space which I know well, having done an Open Studios there in 2010. The Exhibition will feature a lot of different artists living in the local area, and runs from 5th-30th March. I haven't decided which painting I'll be showing yet, but am hoping it will be a new one. You will find full details for the Red Dot Gallery on their Website here.

I'll be taking part in a Craft Fair on Saturday 10th March, 12pm-4pm, also at Icknield High School (the North Hall). More details to follow!

March is going to be a very busy month as I will also be taking part in another Craft Fair at the Priory in Dunstable, from 23rd-24th March. The Christmas Craft Fair was really enjoyable and I'm looking forward to being there again. Once again, you'll find full details on their Website:
After the sucess of last year Priory House is hosting it's second Craft Fayre in March.
Having trouble finding the ideal item for that hard to buy for person?
Join a host of local artists and craftsman as they display a collection of crafts that will prove irresistible.
Crafts will include Pyrography, Wood Turning, Glassware, Art work and more.
The Fayre will be open from 10.00 to 4.00pm Friday 23 March and Saturday 24 March, some of the crafts will be on display for one day only so be sure to visit.
 And finally - still in March (I'll need to stock up on energy drinks!) - Luton Hoo Walled Garden will be holding its annual Open Art Exhibition, from the 16th to 18th March. I'm hoping my submission will be accepted again, but even if it doesn't make the cut this year, this is a wonderful exhibition to visit. The theme this year is Garden and Landscape Inspired and the exhibition is being sponsored by the Artist's Network Bedfordshire.

Hopefully I might see some of you again at one or other of these events!

.

No comments: