'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Friday, 25 November 2011

St Albans here I come...

Christmas Mouse © Sue Wookey

I've been very busy preparing for next Saturday's HVAF Art and Gift Fair at St Albans (see full details in the posting below). This is the first Fair I've had a stall at and I'm really looking forward to it - once I get it all set up! I keep telling myself that it can't possibly be as difficult as Art on the Common because there is no Gazebo to erect and no wind or rain to contend with. Just a large self-assembly display board to wrestle into submission. In readiness I'll be practising bunging it all together and sticking stuff on it, just in case!

In a moment of last minute panic I decided that I really had to have some Christmas related stuff on show, so I've painted and made some cards of a little mouse with a Christmas present and another carrying a fir branch to make a mouse-sized Christmas Tree. Between now and Saturday 3rd I'll try and do a couple more. If I don't sell any, then at least half of you reading this will get them for Christmas.

The Fair will be at The Old Town Hall, Marketplace, St Albans, AL3 5DJ, and will be full of wonderful hand crafted gifts. Come along and support starving artists for Christmas. Just kidding. But come along anyway.

 The Christmas Tree © Sue Wookey

.

2 comments:

Teresa N said...

I just love that mouse. Hoping you will have a few left over to send to your friends LOL . . .!

Sue W said...

I think it's highly likely, I'm bound to make too many of them!!!!