'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Monday, 15 February 2010

More moody trees

 

















Winter Trees
© Sue Wookey

I've added another photo to Galley Hill Art and as you can see, I'm still feeding my tree obsession. It could because they don't move when you try to take the picture (as far as we know...), but don't they just look beautiful with the fading late afternoon winter light behind them? This was a magical walk in the fields behind Galley Hill and the tree's shadows were reaching into the distance across the ploughed furrows behind me. I have some photos of those too, so watch this space. I also have a new painting to post in a few days, if I can ever get the colours right for printing. There really are too many different greens. Green is the new blue (which I was ranting about here several months ago).

1 comment:

lmg said...

I like this image a lot. Most people make the mistake of letting the sun shine through the trees branches and blinds the viewer. I like you have it hidden behind its' truck thus illuminating it from behind. Good work!