'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Exhibition


© Purple Poppy

I have an exhibition coming up on the 18th-21st June at the Purple Poppy Gallery in Ampthill and am in a frenzy of activity framing paintings and putting all the finishing touches to some prints and cards. I am starting to see cello bags in my sleep ;-). I'll be sharing the venue with three other artists who work in mosaic, crochet and mixed media so it will be a really interesting and varied exhibition, as you can see from the flyer above! The Gallery also has a wonderful shop featuring the work of local artists; everything from paintings to stunning jewellery and pottery, so it's well worth the visit out to Ampthill. I'll be manning the Gallery on Sunday 21st. Maybe I'll see some of you there?

7 comments:

lmg said...

Oh how exciting!!!

AI said...

I hope you'll share some pictures of your exhibit for those who can't make it across the pond. Wish I could!

Sue W said...

I'll try and take some shots of the exhibit and post them here. I'm looking forward to my stint covering the exhibit on the Sunday and talking about all the art there.

Teresa K said...

It would be great if you could take some photos of the exhibition, Sue - I'm gutted that I can't be there!

HookandScumble said...

Hello Sue,Lovely to meet you and see your beautiful paintings...and don't worry at 10am this morning they were all still lined up and straight ! Kind Regards Steph

HookandScumble said...

Oh yes, P.S. Have linked you to my blogin todays post - hope that's ok !

Sue W said...

That's fantastic! It was lovely to meet you too - I've already had comments from a few visitors who have got back to me about how interesing and varied the whole exhibition is. They've enjoyed everything there.

Glad to know the paintings are all still straight.... and still up! It's the sort of thing I lose sleep over!